View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 07:39 AM   #1011
Nine8Six

Chris - you said "When I flash my high beams, the stocks headlight comes on". Misleading mate, confuses even myself loll nocando!

1) from a DCV source, test all of your equipment first
  • apply 12v to the ballast, see if one is doa (could happen, those mailmen loll)
  • apply 12v to the high beam solenoid 25 times min. Should click 25 times just like it did prior shipment. If it misses half a heartbeat, send it back to me pls (its for the museum) - irrelevant
  • apply 12v to the angel eye mini-ballast

If all works, slip inside the fender and do the same thing from the ignition switch (parking light chk, low beam chk, high beam chk)

Any trouble, you need to trace back to the Porsche part connectors on both, inside the fender and the back of the headlight. Oh, when fitting inside the fender... ensure they are as far back before starting the owner's headlight locking procedure. Trying to lock those while loose can create misalignment with the connector.

Old cracking cabling. Do a continuity chk on the low beam cables (Yel & Br) between the connector (were the ballast conn) and the headlight/Porsche PIN connector. Your cabling seems cracked a tad but nothing like I've seen before. Worth checking anyway

Can't be a wire short, your fuse would have gone. Last one I can think of is reversed polarity/somewhere... although your wiring seems to be in order mate. Strange one I agree... nothing with not being the best electro dude (I'm happily in your club btw!)

Guessing you've chk the xe bulbs already?

Last edited by Nine8Six; 06-10-2015 at 07:45 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote