View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 07:47 AM   #2
Luv2Box

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
I just upgraded my 2004 base Box to Tire Rack Cup 4 17 inch wheels and a set of Potenza RE-11's with 3 DE days on them. The gentleman i bought them from said he used 30 PSI in the front and 36 PSI in the rear. My question is: Should I run 34/38 or some similar ration for auto-X events.
When I ran 17's for AX I started with 32 psi front (from normal 29psi for street) and 38 psi rear (from 36 street) and checked the sidewall roll indicators after the tires got hot. Get and carry a good and accurate tire pressure gauge. If the indicators showed scrub to the bottom of the diamond the tire was rolling over too much and needed more pressure and if it's not scrubbing to the top of the indicator then air need to be let out. Ideally you want to see scrub right to the top of the roll indicator. Typically, after getting hot, the tires would need to be bled as pressure went to 36 psi front and 40 psi rear. I believe your Bridgestones have a very stiff sidewall so your pressure will vary and starting where you indicated is probably a good starting point.
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote