View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 05:46 PM   #16
healthservices
Registered Boxster abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ-Fresno View Post
I do not doubt about your professionalism, don't misunderstand me.
The local places where I lately smogged my cars didn't visually check, they used the OBDII port. Some places refused to smog the 986 though because they couldn't "have a look at the engine"...
I'm just saying legally they are supposed to look and do a visual inspection. We look, especially since they have been cracking down on our area here. We charge extra to remove the covers to inspect. We do other more exotic cars.

What's funny is some of these car sit so long or they actually remove the connection to the battery so that they can be stored long term with no ill effects ie. Battery drainage, but this removes all the readiness tests , this means they have to drive the car until the tests are complete. The smog inspection cannot be performed if the readiness tests are not complete. You should see the look on their face. They have to actually drive their low mileage Ferrari or Lamborghini! What a horrible thought! I keep offering my services to drive their car until the readiness test are complete, so far it my offer has not been taken. Although it has come close, a couple people have come back several times without the readiness test complete. It must really suck to be forced to drive your exotic car.[emoji57]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Attached Images

Last edited by healthservices; 06-05-2015 at 07:04 PM.
healthservices is offline   Reply With Quote