View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #8
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run View Post
There really is no comparison. The HP difference is very noticeable but the thing that got my attention is the ride difference. The Cayman is much stiffer takes the multiple pot holes we have here much better than the base boxster. The interior is improved with the seats actually holding up especially where the drivers side bolster is no cracking or even obvious signs of wear. I never planed on keeping the Cayman but I wanted to get an idea of the real differences before I decided on what my next Porsche would be. Oddly enough I still can't decide.
I think a back to back spirited drive of Cayman R and Boxster Spyder you would have left you with a very different view. Since seeing the piece below, I've come to believe that if you put the same engine in a Boxster, Coxster and 911, they would handle in that order as well as lapping quickest in that order. Provided that suspension and tires were all fairly equal.
For every day driving, the reverse order is probably true as far as ride comfort.

Open and Shut Case: Track Test | Issue 196 | Excellence
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote