View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 12:02 PM   #34
CrisZenithBlue

thanks for the info! i got the same OBD II device now and using it with DashCommand its pretty cool and useful!

i went ahead and changed the engine bay temp sensor but didnt do anything. did quite a bit of research and it sounds like the only thing that will really help is an upgraded water pump from the 987 and a bigger oil cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonD View Post
I use this one ELM327 OBD II Wifi CAR Wireless Scanner Tool Diagnostic FOR Iphone Ipad Android | eBay

I use it with an iPad App 'DashCommand' It works well, and my temp readings are pretty much the same as others' here. Just had the WaterPump changed and the cooling system flushed amongst other things.
Driving around winding and hilly country the other day in some heavy traffic I guess the temp reached maybe 220F around 100C. Going up hills behind slow cars is murder as couldn't really get it out of 3rd in a TIP.

These 986s seem to have this heating issue, but reading through this I may just change Air Temperature Sensor for Intake Manifold. Pretty sure the fans kick in, but still I'll change the sensor just to see if it makes any difference. At the moment no CEL lights come on, so I don't know if any real issue exists.

Last edited by CrisZenithBlue; 06-02-2015 at 12:05 PM.
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote