View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 08:45 AM   #2
Luv2Box

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoger View Post
Hey guys! Just picked up a new to us 986 yesterday. For a 1998, it's very clean, and has obviously been looked after. But of course there are some nagging little items, and having plenty of experience with older cars (though not Porsche) I thought "you know, someone else has probably been down this road before."

Therefore, a couple questions maybe someone can help with?

#1: Keyless entry doesn't work. The buttons fell off the PCB on one of them and I soldered back on, but the LED is very weak. The other is just non-functional. So I'd like to consider just replacing the entire assembly, electronics and all. Is there a good source for these, and is there a procedure to program to the car, or is this (ugh) a dealer item?

#2: Sometimes when I start the car, the spoiler light in the dash comes on. It always goes off after reversing a couple feet. I think the spoiler may not be sitting 100% flush. There is not a switch on the dash like I have seen in some pictures. Any suggestions?

Thanks! I'm certain that I'll have more questions as I come across things. I'm excited about my first mid-engine car!
Welcome! Spoiler light is normal and switch is in the driver's footwell where the fuse panel lives. Keys can be purchased from third parties but, to my knowledge, have to be programmed by the dealer and you will have to call them to find out what they require. That is for your protection so someone can't jot down your VIN buy a key and walk into a dealer and have it programmed to steal your car.
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote