View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 06:25 AM   #1
Rocketman

Thumbs up 2009 Cayman S Battery Replacement

Hello Members:

After 6-good years of service I decided that my original Moll Kamina 580 80AH 380A # 999.611.080.00 battery was time to replace. I maintained the battery regularly over that time on a Ctek Multi-US 3300 battery tender/maintainer. I researched various brands and their manufacturer to aid in my decision. I chose the Autozone Duralast H7-AGM battery. The product was literally a drop-in and the vent hose disconnected from the Moll and plugged right into the Duralast battery without any issues. The product is made by Johnson Controls, a leading maker of automobile batteries. I was able to search the internet for a $15.00 coupon which even added to the Value Proposition. A CORE charge is applied to the purchase price which is credited when you return the old battery to Autozone. The complete changeover took about 15-minutes. To my surprise the Ctek Multi-US 3300 battery tender/maintainer has a setting for the newer AGM batteries. By the way, the new Porsche Macan is fitted with an AGM battery. The Ctek Multi-US 3300 battery tender/maintainer provided the necessary power to the system while plugged in and allowed for all settings to remain set correctly. It's worth checking out when you are ready for a battery change.

Rocketman
Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote