View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 08:09 PM   #290
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Hey Greg, it was Anders Hainer who qualified at 1:32.2 and who won the race. Nathan qualified at 1:33.4 and was next to me on the grid in 5th. Link to the qualifying times are below, you have to manually sort by BSR class.

The cool temps partially contributed to the fast times but there was simply a lot of friggin' driving talent in this race: Hainer is a past class Champion, Johnson won BSR two years in a row, Kemper previously held the BSR track record and is now full-time racing MX-5 Cup, and Bermudez is the current class points leader and was the current track record holder.

Put all of that talent together in one place, at one time, and they all rise to their best.

Also, from a competitive point of view, BSR is being taken to the next level. Its not a "beginners class" like some may think; certainly not if you want to run at the front and win. These are guys who have a lot of experience and who are dedicating a lot of time and money to have the best training, equipment, and support. For example, winning cars are passing post-race weight in the single digits! Single digits - that is roughly within 1 gallon of fuel. Me? I finished with 3/8's of a tank on a car that is already 40lbs over. That is how close the details are being managed on some of the cars.

At least, that's my take on it.

I will be up your way for the PCA race at Laguna Seca in early June.

2015 POC Tribute Race Qualifying
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 05-19-2015 at 11:41 AM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote