View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 03:37 AM   #8
Retroman1969

Certainly no lack of threads on the Internet discussing Boxster reliability and daily driveability.
No need for a dealer. Find a good reputable foreign (preferably Porsche-specific) independent shop and you'll be better off.
For my personal input, I have two, and use one for work as a DD. I put over 3,000 miles per month on a vehicle so I'm at the extreme end of daily driving. I've found it to be incredibly dependable (almost Japanese-like in its reliability) but more maintenance heavy than most other vehicles I've owned over the years. Well, except for a Land Rover which was both insanely maintenance-heavy and unreliable.
I'm of very average size (5-11 and 185) so I can't comment on that. I have a bad lower back, have to get in and out of mine a minimum of 20 times a day and it hasn't been a problem. Admittedly not as easy as a large sedan or truck of course, and as I get older I have to turn sideways and grab the side of the seat or doorframe to get out, but still not a problem.
Best of luck in your decision! If you're like me, you'll find the pluses outweigh the minuses.