Thread: Car trouble
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 04:14 PM   #2
heliguy

He said that almost all of the cylinder walls are scuffed (if that's the right word), lifters are messed up, cylinders are burnt. He said that most likely the oil pump got clogged or failed causing oil starvation coincidentally when the AOS failed...one not having to do with the other, just blind luck. He said to do a re-build would cost significantly more than a replacement engine. ($8k-$9k)

Mark found an '03 Boxster S engine with a 12 month warranty for $4500 shipped. He told me that while he has it apart he will replace my clutch, which was slipping badly (thanks to my girlfriend driving the car ONE TIME and popping the clutch pedal). The labor for all this will be $1500.00.

I have put lots of love and care, and aftermarket accessories into this machine over the 6 years 63,000 miles that I have owned the car, to make its personality fit mine and to make it my affordable dream car. I had never planned on selling this car and have no idea what I would ever want to (affordably) replace it with.

Mark also said that if I decide not to fix it, he would offer to buy the chassis from me.
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote