View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 07:51 PM   #1
OKCShooter

Couldn't stay away...found an atypical 986

I am a previous 986 owner...really enjoyed the car, but when we found out we were pregnant with number 4 I sold it (and my Baja) because I knew "Toys" wouldn't be used for awhile.

2 nights ago I'm looking through CL and run across an atypical Box and it sucked me in.

What was atypical was how low mileage it was, how great it looked and how much preventative maintenance it's had....and it's all on a Rebuilt title '99.

Normally, I don't give them a second thought, but it has had a replacement IMS and clutch 10 months ago from the best OK Porsche service (Dumonts). Then it also had a 60K service done - with everything done (to the tune of $1500) even more recently.

Car sits now with 61,000 miles.

It was 'rebuilt' due to storm damage that cause body dents that was enough to total it through insurance. The owner bought it back and it is now a MINT exterior...perfect paint on a flawless body.

After I bought it I found a set of 19" wheels with almost new Nittos from an independent for $800 and my stockers.

Anyway, I was charmed with the deal and as of today have another Box.

Probably won't drive it more than a couple times a month but as cheap as it was I just had to have it; so, glad to be back!
OKCShooter is offline   Reply With Quote