Thread: Water leak Help
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 02:20 PM   #8
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsceash View Post
Do you have a owners manual. If not Open the top so there is about a 5 " gap from the windshield. There is a cloth piece snapped at 2 points on the back surface of the top compartment, unclip these. There should be a cable clipped on the bottom of the compartment under each side under of the edge of the top, it's ball and socket connection. Pick up the back edge of the top folding the window in until it's straight up and down. Hold it folded with the strap attachéd to the top hook this on the drivers side front roof clip under the front edge of the top drivers side this will keep the top folded and give access to the motor bay.

There is a drain in the bottom well on each side. Make sure they are cleared out.

Check the gasket on the corners of the windows top front and rear and the back window lip these are common leak point in the rain.
There's two drains at the base of the windshield too. Each side of the batt as I recall.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote