View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 06:26 AM   #34
BIGJake111

Garage
Will the 987 Boxsters become classics?

If boxsters were made in the 80s with respective power and comparability to a mr2 turbo they likely wouldn't be too collectible today. They'd fetch something inbetween a clean 944 and a clean 928. Around 10-20k honestly no different than what they are worth now.

However due to when the boxster was produced, as it is currently reaching the start of the appreciation curve, Porsche is the producer of the most electric car models of any auto maker if you count the 918. Porsche may be one of the last companies making naturally aspirated, manual gear shift, models, but they are quickly turning to turbos. (981 spyder may be the next 914-8!)

So the point is. The boxster is starting to creep up in value, and simultaneously. It may be the first water cooled Porsche's, but it's also one of the last naturally aspirated manual, no traction control cars.

I actually think a clean 2.5 boxster may be the best bet for the future. Due to this assumption, I think powered up 981s that still have a flat 6 particularly a larger one with minimal technical aids will be worth something. But I also think the 986 has a great future. Public opinion on boxsters and caymans are changing, we arnt the only ones that think we might would take one over a 911. Let's just hope opinion builds enough before the cars become 4 cylinders.

Last edited by BIGJake111; 04-26-2015 at 09:11 AM.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote