Thread: Lack of power
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 06:48 AM   #12
jb92563

Yes you can drive around for a short while with the MAF disconnected to see if that's where the problem originates.

I would use only MAF cleaner and spray the MAF and the plug and hardness connectors and give it 10 minutes to dry before reinstalling.

Also pull your air filter and inspect, clean or replace it.

With the filter out, inspect the inside of the airbox for foreign objects and make sure its meticulously clean in there.

If possible by mirrors, inspection cam or camera, look in the airbox down the intake pipe towards the MAF to see if anything is stuck up against the screen that is upstream of the MAF as disrupted airflow can also make your MAF crazy.

It should be operating room clean in there for the MAF to do its job properly.

My MAF was acting crazy and I found a part number sticker in pieces in the airbox under the filter. I cleaned it all out and sprayed the MAF and connector which caused all the issues to go away. (Wandering idle, engine light for MAF and other codes etc)
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote