View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 05:12 PM   #6
hancock1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine State View Post
Hancock, thanks for your pics and lead to Auto Atlanta. On my '02S, the white connector for the vacuum hose on the engine compartment end broke off just inside the black hose, causing no braking and rough idle. Part 14 you reference appears to be 98635557507 per Auto Atlanta. I think I ordered the wrong part yesterday from my local dealer.
Here's my question: Did the new hose you installed connect in the front of the car before you got inside the front trunk? I think I ordered the hose that connects to the brake booster in the frunk and I think it's a separate part that I don't need.
Your advised is appreciated as I seek to minimize my downtime waiting for parts.
Thanks,
The hose I installed is part 14 in the diagram with the part number you referred. From the back to front, from intake manifold to brake booster, it's the hose that I replaced, another hose under the body, and then the third hose connecting the underbody hose to the brake booster. So the hose I installed is in the engine bay, not in the front of the car. Hope this is useful to you, and let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!
hancock1701 is offline   Reply With Quote