View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 12:32 PM   #1
TMass
Drives with Scissors

A little Mechanic Rant

So 3 weeks ago I dropped off my 02 S to have the LN engineering single row to dual row put in along with replacing the plastic rear underside cover that had a bunch of duct tap on it. After 2 weeks and 2 days they called to say that the oil separator went out while putting it back together. They said they would do the labor free if I paid for the part $110...I said fine and asked if it would be ready this Friday (3 weeks) and they said yes. Called up Friday and said that they still had some smoke coming out of the exhaust. I went down there and the owner(who usually does this work had been out all week visiting his mother) so I talked with "X". X said that there was still smoke showing up when they started it especially cold start and the engine light was on....he said he had been going out there and starting running it every couple hours to "burn the oil off"....basically hoping it would get better. I commented hope is not a good strategy....looked underneath and no underside cover....they had not even ordered it after 3 weeks! i told them to have the owner call me first thing Monday morning.

My plan is that a I brought them a car that was running fine and wanted some preventive work done...I now have a car that is putting out smaoke with the engine light on. I leave for Texas Monday afternoon and will ask them if the car will be ready to pickup by endo of the day thursday. if not I will come get it and take it to the dealer (while I am in TX) and have them repair it and deduct it from their bill. Basically that will put it at one month to get these 2 items done. Sorry for the vent guys just eager to get my Boxster back.