View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 10:48 AM   #10
Perfectlap

I ducked into the NY Auto show for about an hour yesterday. Wait until you see the Spyder in person... I was observing the reactions of the people who stood in front of the turn table that was showing it off. Every other word was an instant "wow" or something similar and everyone under 30 took out their cell phone to take a photo. It made me think of when the Boxster concept car was unveiled in 1993. I listened the reactions to the other Porsches and the visitors all seemed a lot less excited. Which by the way was interesting in that there were three Boxsters/Caymans and only two Carreras. I wonder if this wasn't by accident...certainly not with all these sacrilegious upgrades to the Boxster/Cayman. If the 911 is the flagship sports car you would have thought they would've made a bigger effort to show off more of them or asked for more floor space, especially with nearly 10 variants to pick from.

p.s.
The Z06 convertible is a real head turner too. But for a Cayman GT4/Spyder fan, the new McLaren 570S might be the perfect car... for the price of both.
The daily driver McLaren that weighs less than the new Porsche Spyder with more power the 911 Turbo S.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y6WT_NDtSA
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 04-11-2015 at 11:13 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote