Thread: Jack Points
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 08:55 PM   #1
hancock1701

Jack Points

Hi guys,

So I've had the Boxster on all four jack stands for a few times now, every time it was pretty solid. My garage floor is a little uneven because of a couple big cracks. There was only one time when I had the car on all four jack stands, but one jack point was strangely off the jack stand. Surprisingly, the car was still stable on three. I shook the car from all directions, and it was pretty solid, but I refused to go down there with only three contact points. I had to use a piece of wood under the jack stand to get it just a little higher to contact the jack point.

Anyway, just want to share a story. Personally, I feel a little uncomfortable when having the car on jack stands because the shape of the jack points doesn't seem to sit securely onto the saddle of the jack stand. I've tried the deep saddle from HF as well as the shallow one from Torin. My Honda has pinch welded jack points, and I think it's a lot easier and feels safer to get that securely onto the jack stand's saddle. Does anyone experience this?
hancock1701 is offline   Reply With Quote