View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 07:54 AM   #1
CrisZenithBlue

new audio system through stock amplifier not "booming" please help!

hi guys,

one of the very first thing i did to my new to me 2000 Boxster is replace the audio system, the stock one was just so terribly bad with those paper speakers..

i bought a kenwood and new speakers for the dash and doors replacing the stock ones. no rear or sub from factory. i connected everything through the appropriate harness provided by the headunit manufacturer so didnt cut into the stock wires at all and so i can use the original amp as well (as suggested by the company where i got the kenwood)

trouble is.. the dash speakers are great and loud but the door ones only get a little bit of power to them and it sounds like only bass(but very low).. they seem like all they do is vibrate but not making a lot of noise, no mid or trebble on them from what i can tell. i'm guessing that is the way the amp was configured from factory as the stock door speakers were doing the same. i played with the headunit settings quite a bit and am pretty sure its not that. my money is on the amp.

any tips on how to work around this? i need those door speakers to boom to have proper sound so i probably need to wire the door speakers differently.

thanks!

Cristian
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote