View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 06:36 AM   #17
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM36 View Post
Do you buy all your parts from a Porsche dealer? If so I can see why you have spent $15k in repair cost.

That is a crazy good price for a new one, but even Pelican and ******************************************** sell the exact same part you would get from a Porsche dealer at about 1/3 the cost you posted.

I don't buy any of my parts from the dealer. Point is Porsche only use the top "1%" so to speak for this particular part. Those cut rate prices on Amazon in this instance reflect the units that do not meet the highest testing requirements by Porsche and did not pass. Allegedly, Bosch takes them back and price them accordingly. For whatever reasons Bosch have not mastered better quality control for this specific part, which probably means its something that is beyond their control perhaps some rare earth metal or something. Otherwise there would not be such a wide variance for this part unlike so many other parts that have a tighter margin.

Good deals are often worth taking a chance but they're a good deal for a reason.
High probability of under performance.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote