View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 11:47 AM   #11
Guvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFeller View Post
First off, happy to hear no one was hurt seriously. Second, the car, although totaled, held up well for what happened.

Lastly, what is a womble and artic.? Is an Artic a refrigerated lorry?
Thanks everyone for you kind comments, and yes me and my son are both well over it now and no after affects, the hunt is now on for a replacement and I think I might have found it.
A womble is a cartoon character over here in UK (not sure if you have seen them over with you) they are fictional pointy-nosed, furry creatures that live in burrows, where they aim to help the environment by collecting rubbish left laying about.

We have units of two men in range rovers that patrol the busy motorway over here waiting for accidents to happen, and when they do they are usually first on the scene and after checking everyone is ok, it is they’re job to get the motorway flowing as fast as they can, and the police will arrive when there is a unit free to sort out the legal stuff, you often see the patrol units on the motorway sweeping up all the rubbish after an accident hence the nick name “Wombles”
As for arctic that’s just a nick name for a very large 18 wheeler truck, the one behind me in the second photo is the one that hit me, not thought of them being refrigerated I think it’s because the are articulated (swivel between cab and trailer)
Guvs.
Guvs is offline   Reply With Quote