View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 08:18 AM   #5
Luv2Box

Garage
When I first bought my '99 Boxster, almost six years ago, I lived in a town where you needed a car just to get to basic necessities. Of course that meant always taking the long way home just to get more seat time. I also did DE events, AX, some modifications that were on later model Boxsters and normal maintenance.
Now I'm retired, on a fixed income and live in a small town where everything I need is within walking or bicycle distance. I can't afford to DE and AX is also climbing in price so my Boxster sits in its parking spot mostly unused. I'm also concerned about climate change and, although my not adding pollutants to the atmosphere won't make a difference, I can't justify driving a car a few blocks just to pick up something.
There is still a small thread in me that wants to keep it but I also hate to see it sit as I know sitting sometimes does more damage to a vehicle than driving it like it was meant to be driven.
It's a hard decision to make given the fun I have when driving it and the falling prices of the older Boxsters would be a hard pill to swallow if I sold it, but the alternative is a lot more cash in my pocket and more exercise which is never a bad thing.
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote