View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 07:04 AM   #1
OklahomaBoxster

Garage
Public Reactions to Boxster and Daily Driving Philosophy

I've recently had a lot of time on my hands to think about my car. Ever since my Boxster's near death experience about a month ago (nearly destroyed the engine, the oil filter looked like someone poured glitter in it, however none made it through the engine) and a massive repair bill, I haven't spent another dime on unnecessary modifications. I've just been enjoying the car. Because isn't that what this car is all about? My car has 140,000 miles and it's a daily driver. I've gotta stop treating it like a 20,000 mile sunny weekend only garage queen. Just need to do basic maintenance, and make sure she stays in working order. The car is mine forever unless I want to lose a whole bunch of money and sell it. When I keep it washed and waxed, the $8,400 car I got almost 2 years ago looks like a million bucks. Ever since it's been painted Guards Red, the public attention has tripled. I don't ever know what to do or say when people ask me "how much?" I don't lie and tell them it was expensive, but if they think it is then I just play along. Occasionally I'll meet someone who knows about the car and is generally interested or people who don't even know what it is but just like it. I like it when it puts a smile on people's faces. I love daily driving a sports car, and my next car will definitely be a Porsche. I'm graduating soon and then it will be time for me to make my own way and buy my own. Hopefully 997 GEN I Carreras will continue to depreciate as the air cooled cars go sky high. Bit of deep thinking here, but I just wanted get some opinions from you guys on the stuff I mentioned here and make a point, sometimes you have to give up the pursuit of perfection and just enjoy the car. It's so damn refreshing, and your bank account will also appreciate it
OklahomaBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote