View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 06:42 AM   #26
BruceH

Garage
I've been flying for 38 years now. I started before I had a driver's license. My mom had to drive me to the airport for my lessons. The original plan was to get most of my experience in the military but when the time came, the Navy had different needs than mine(they decided my left eye wasn't perfectly round so they wanted me in the back seat, thanks, but no thanks!) Thus I have one, yes one week in the Navy. That was back in 1984. I started working on the rest of my ratings and then began instructing full time in 1986. From there I was flying for a Part 135 outfit that had Twin Comanches, Aztecs, a Navijo Chieftan and a King Air 90. Lots of variety, flying all over the Midwest at all hours of the day and night in some of the worst weather Mother Nature has to offer. There are a lot of stories there! I was hired by Simmons Airlines in 1989, first on the Shorts 360(the box that other airplanes come in and no autopilot) and then the ATR 42 and 72. I have been with AAL for the last 17 years flying the 727, MD80 and now the 777. It hasn't been the easiest path and there were many very lean years, but no regrets I have and continue to see some pretty incredible sites. I have never once dreaded having to go to work which is more than most can say. Very blessed

Here is the sun setting in LAX behind one of the 777's engines.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote