View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 12:14 PM   #9
Erik Johnson

Best Oil.....errrrrgggggg

Well I can be of some help to you with regard to your desire to utilize swepco 201 in your gearbox. It is a excellent oil and you will not be disappointed with using it.

If you are going to see a lot of track time this summer switch it up to 210, but for overall general street driving, 201 is what you want.

There are several oils out there, but the swepco is certainly one of the best. It gives very good protection to the internals, and will not let you down. It also allows the synchronizers to continue to bite as they need to against the gearing surfaces, which has been a issue with some synthetics.

I would recommend doing the detent mod if you are there anyways. This will help to protect the 2nd gear dog ring by allowing for a deeper engagement of the operating sleeve to the gear. Let me know if you need to pick one up. I still have two of these already made so no worries on that.

If you have additional questions about your gearbox feel free to contact me directly, we work on these all the time. I hope that this is helpful.

Erik Johnson
(970) 344-7761 phone
Erik Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote