View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 05:35 AM   #180
BoxsterLS376

Got my IMI Starter~

Hey guys,

Got home last night with another package waiting on my porch, turned out to be the starter I ordered! YAY! I did try to buy it directly from IMI but you have to sign up on the website just to see pricing, so I just called up Kennedy who makes the adapter plate kit and they sell the starters - easy peasy. You may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere but for this one I figured I'd go right to the people who made the adapter plate to make sure I got the correct one.
The adapter plate kit can use a factory GM starter or an IMI high torque starter - I opted to go with the IMI as factory starters are pretty pricy at around $300~ This one set me back $235 plus shipping & handling which came in at a somewhat ridiculous $25~ for UPS ground but whatever, it is what it is. The price seems to be better then anywhere else based on a quick google search so I'm fine with it.

The other advantage to the IMI starter over stock other then being a "hi-torque starter", is that the starter can be clocked to 4 different positions to accommodate more clearance from engine/exhaust. I'll show it in the pics/vids this weekend~

Part number for the starter is IMI-140 for those who are interested~ But if your configuration is different then mine you may want to call and double check with the folks at Kennedy - they are great and will make sure you get the right stuffs~

Thanks
J
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote