View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 06:21 AM   #177
BoxsterLS376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
Renegade should be paying you
Well they have my address but haven't seen a check yet Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martsink View Post
I love that the Boxster has two trunks. Lots of space to store all the parts

How long do you think until you have it running?
Haha yeah lord knows I have used up every bit of that, plus everywhere else to throw stuff although this weekend I thinned out the pile quite a bit getting those radiators in...

There are still a few major hurdles which need to be tended to and I want to take my time to make sure it is pretty much tip-top before I try to run it. That being said I really need to sit down and make a list of things to do, guess I can start here...

1. Wiring - There are not that many wires required to get the GM motor running... only about 4 I believe, but to make it talk and jive with the car will require a bit more. Also need to tap and re-thread the cylinder head to accept the Porsche coolant sensor, then figure out where to wire that into the system. May need to pull the motor back out to tap it properly :/

2. Cooling system - I should have about 85% of what I need today but still need to order an inline thermostat and some T's for the cooling system. Need to fabricate all of the piping to connect the new motor into the existing cooling system. Also a bit more research on the coolant reservoir itself... pretty sure i'll use a factory reservoir, just need to figure out how to plumb it correctly.

3. Fuel System - I have used the factory fuel line which runs for the filter to the back of the engine compartment and need to adapt it to the GM fuel feed which may be as simple as a rubber hose and some clamps, but I really doubt that I have some questions which some of you may have answers for... My biggest concerns right now are I believe the GM motor does not appear to have a return fuel line back to the tank so I don't yet know how that will affect the Porsche system. Plus all the fuel vapor lines and stuff, maybe you just plug them up? We will need to do more research on this...

4. Exhaust System - I should have everything I need to do this today and I am pretty confident on this one. Good plan in place and will just take a bit of time to fit everything in correctly as I need to go ahead and get the axles, lower bracing and underbody tray stuff in place to make sure it all fits...

5. Intake system - Almost wrapped up, just need to properly mount the new air filter and fabricate a cold air box or at the very least a good way to shield the filter from the exhaust system.

6. Hand controls/Interior - This is something I was thinking about this weekend as the emergency brake holder had to be relocated lower into the tranny/coolant tunnel so i'll have to figure out how to mount that back in properly. Also the shifter and cables should not be a big deal but may need to get some flame proof shielding as they will need to run down by the exhaust on the passenger side...

7. Reassemble the car!!! I'm sure there are things I'm missing but once all is said and done and running with the V8, the car is still in about 1000 pieces!! It just all takes time

So in looking over my newly made list I'm sure I'm still a month off or so... unless I take a week off work, to come into work, to try and finish it...

Damn I need a vacation!!
Thanks everyone
J

Last edited by BoxsterLS376; 03-25-2015 at 06:24 AM.
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote