View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 04:03 AM   #20
mountainman

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_hoyland View Post
It is a time consuming process; the benefit will become clear at the event(s). Staffing and facilities will be accomodate all those that pre-register. All the goodie-bags will be pre-done and meals will be pre-ordered.
The registration process insures that the event wll run smoothly; and, as evident at Monterey, which has an enormous turnout, it works good.

Enjoy French Lik, I haven't figured out a good way to get as yet.
I understand the preregistering process and it's necessity for a large group like that, but the format this year was asinine. There are dozens of events, meals and things to register for and instead of having a list with boxes beside and letting you check what you wanted and be done with it, there was a separate page for each item on which you had to check yess or no and then it took 10 to sometimes 20 minutes for the next page to come up. If you wanted 2 events out of 40, you still had to go thru the whole time consuming list. It took a 10 minute registration and turned it into a 4 to 6 hour marathon. I have never had any registration for anything take so much time and we go to all kinds of events. If next years is the same I'll stay home. I know 1 board member who got to register early before it opened to the rest of us and it took him almost an hour to do it and there was no computer congestion to factor in.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote