View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 10:53 PM   #9
jarrodblake

I have thought about having one machined, but I don't really see any benefit in doing that other then looks?

As far as designing a push rod setup, I have a few ideas on placement and how i'm going to design it (no real measurements yet). But I think I would need to build the upper control arms first? and yes a double wishbone ( same thing as a double A Arm setup) system with a pushrod to coilover set up.

At the moment i'm looking at 13.84'' (Extended Length) and 10'' (Collapsed Length W/out Bumper) coilovers with 3.86 stroke

And the 12.84'' (Extended Length) and 9.50'' (Collapsed Length W/out Bumper) coilovers with 3.36 stroke.

As for the bell crank arms, I have not calculated the motion ratio vs. Suspension travel ratio yet as I cannot find the stock boxster Suspension travel ratio. That said I don't believe the upper control arms will have any effect on the pushrod set up other than placement, but I already have two ideas on that.

Also what do you mean by (There are completely different forces working.)?

That said I plan on ordering tubing soon. I have two sized in mind. The cost is almost the same. I'm just trying to get an idea on sizes. I feel that 1-1/4 is over kill and may be to big, However I don't know if .95 wall will be adequate.

What I am thinking about using for the upper control arms, any thoughts?

1-1/4 OD x .120 wall DOM

Weld In Tube Adapter 3/4-16 Thread .120 Heim Joint Tube End 1 1/4 O.D

rod ends/ heim joints, 3/4"-16 Shank/Hole Chromoly Rod End Static Load Capacity:29,127 lbs.

3/4" to 1/2" HIGH MISALIGNMENT SPACER HEIMS

or

1 .95 wall DOM

Weld In Tube Adapter 5/8-20 Thread .95 Heim Joint Tube End 1 O.D

rod ends/ heim joints, 5/8 Shank/Hole Chromoly Rod End Static Load Capacity:21,219 lbs.

5/8" to 1/2" HIGH MISALIGNMENT SPACER HEIMS
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote