Thread: My New Z-Top!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #11
juiced99ws6

Thanks for the kind words and I certainly understand its not for everyone. The headlights and taillights were done in film. VHT offers a smooth finish if done properly but if it needs to come off due to a ticket or any reason I would need all new lights and didn't want to risk it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antny View Post
No doubt about that. I have a 2009 R1 also but that is used for leisurely rides and when I have an itch for speed. That makes it alright to have a slower car again. I agree it is the best looking and functional way to have both . The wife has the family hauler but she enjoys the top down experience as much as I do. She doesn't ride on the bike so it satisfies her need also. It really looks great and if we had a longer or colder winter here I would probably do the same top.

I completely agree with the cost because it is a hard to find item that looks great. I did the same thing when t came to a integrated taillight I had for my 08 R1. I paid a good deal of money for it but there literally were only about 10 of them in the world left. I made my money back and then some when I sold it. Sometimes there are some things worth the cost to have them. As long as they are in good shape and taken care of they do not depreciate in cost due to supply and demand. Would I spend the money on it personally? No, because the cost does not warrant the need for me specifically. Plus with all the hail we get here it would be trashed the first time I am caught out in a storm in the spring time here.

Your car looks damn good though! Did you wrap your taillights with film or did you use VHT smoke spray?
juiced99ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote