View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 10:23 AM   #165
BoxsterLS376

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
JJ, Your build reminds me of a day when I had much more ambition and energy, except you've MUCH MORE TALENT lol............Great thread..................
Thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by martsink View Post
The intake is looking really good. I wish I had some welding skills.
Thanks a bunch! I am using a 30 year old welder so the welds are not as nice as I would like but I'm going to use a different one for the exhaust~ You just need to get a welder and practice a bit, that is really all it takes. I learned on my 1988 944 Turbo S which had a slight bend in one of the front supports due to the previous owners son having a slight offroad excursion over a curb. Bent it back pretty straight and went to town Definitely not pretty but it worked and I've been hooked ever since!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martsink View Post
Hey,
Do you think it's ok to use an LS1 oil pan? Those low profile LS2 pans are impossible to find used, and they cost a fortune brand new. This is the one I'm talking about: F-Body Camaro/Firebird LS1 Oil Pan Dimensions
hrm... I would have to check out an LS1 pan to see. I'll try to run down the street to my friends shop, they use the LS1 pans to install the motors into RX-7's and actually take off the low profile LS2 pans (that is where I scored mine from! ). I'll check and see if he has any more although you may want to check Ebay, there was a whole oil pan kit on there for like $197 if I recall correctly, just took it off my watch list last week or else I'd provide a link~

I'll let you know what I dig up~
J
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote