View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 07:43 AM   #30
eslai

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Jim
You keep your gall fill up receipts and write your mileage on them. Then create a database and track you mileage, how many gallons you put in the car since you last fill and your new mileage on your next reciept. Once you have 2 receipts you can calculate your last trip from the first mileage record to the second and how much gas you put in the car the second time and see you traveled X miles with X galons of gas give you miles/galon of whatever. Then everytime you fill up just add it to the database and you can see exactly what your MPG was for each time you fill up.

You can then make your database do other things like average miles per fill up, average price of a gallon, average MPG and stuff like that as well.
Hahaha, I didn't mean "I wish I knew how you guys were CALCULATING" MPG, I meant "I can't believe you guys are getting such good mileage!"

Although you do raise a good point--if we're not all using the same method for calculating our MPG, this exercise is a bit inaccurate. I'm just going by what the onboard computer tells me my MPG is. I reset it whenever I fill up and then notice where it's at when I refuel.

Mine's always around 17 to 18 MPG when all's said and done. Not enough freeway driving I guess...