View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 11:16 PM   #10
mach schnell

bull27 - the bulbs he sent me were packaged like crap as well - just thrown in box with some newspaper - thus the reason they broke in transit.

eslai - definitely thinking about group 5 - great idea!

SD987 - you make a good point about this guy's feedback and keep in mind, I had a great first transaction with him when I bought the caliper decals. Here's an interesting thought, however on positive feedback: if most people are like me, then they leave the feedback immediately after getting the package. You base your feedback on timely receipt and did the item look like or is it what you ordered and is it intact. In the case of having to install it, in some cases you may not get around to installing it for days or weeks after its arrived and you've left the feedback. This is where the problem can arise. Think of it this way - you go to a restaurant, sit down, waiter comes by promptly, takes your order, drinks quickly on table, appetizer out minutes later, meals prepared as ordered arrive just as the appetizer is wearing off, drinks topped off regularly, waiter's presence well known to you - but not overbearing, dessert and bill and you leave thinking, wow! great restaurant, great waiter, etc. Well, that's how its supposed to be - that's what we should have, whether it's a restaurant, an eBay transaction or surgery. In my opinion, though, what makes a business or restaurant or doctor stand out is how well he/she/it steps up when things don't go as expected - in other words, what is done to make sure that the error which prevented the smooth transaction, meal or surgery is corrected and the desired result is ultimately achieved. In this case, this is where xenonmods et al have fallen way short. Shipping mistakes happen - no biggie. But sh%^y customer service just isn't acceptable, whether the product you're buying is $23 in bulbs, $60k in vehicle or $500k in medical treatment.
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote