View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
mach schnell

Thinking about buying bulbs or decals - DON'T BUY FROM THIS GUY!

Do not purchase from XenonMods.com or SilverBulbs.com or rjcalnan on eBay!!!!!!

Trying to save fellow boxster owner's some grief, especially when there are many other places you can buy these products from. Here's the story:

A little over a month ago, I found this guy selling caliper decals on eBay - not a bad price so I took the plunge. The decals arrived within a week - looked good - transaction was nice and smooth and life was good. Well, then wanting to begin the de-ambering process, I noticed that this guy also sold a variety of silverbulbs both on eBay and at the two sites listed above. Well, he offered a pkg consisting of two sets of silverbulbs (2825 side marker and 7507 rear blinker). On his websites though, he also sold hyperwhite 2825's and 7506 silverbulb front blinkers. So, I emailed him, said I just bought some decals and wondered if he'd put the latter set of bulbs together in a package at the former package's price. He agreed, asked me to do it outside of eBay to avoid fees and asked me to use paypal. Next day, I sent payment and about 7-9 days later I received a box. Opened the box and immediately noticed that he DIDN'T send hyperwhite 2825, but rather silverbulb 2825. No big deal I thought - email the guy and get it resolved. I did. He responded - said send the wrong ones back and I'll send the correct ones.

So, sent wrong 2825's via priority USPS - my expense (an extra $7 bones) and next day went to install the front blinkers. Pull out first headlight and attempt to install bulb - hmmmm pins don't line up. Quickly go to rear, bulbs fit - ah ha! Dufus sent me 7507, rather than 7506. So, for all those following at home - even though I clarified in my email what i wanted and Rich said he'd gladly put together this package, what he sent me was his original package of silverbulbs (2825 and 7507).

Well, initially, I thought again - no biggie - mistakes happen and this can be easily resolved. So, emailed the guy that night telling him that other set of bulbs were also wrong. He emailed back and said he'd correct the whole thing. Next day (two days after I sent him back the first set of incorrect bulbs - remember the 2825's) I had tracking confirmation that he received them. However, 9 days went by before I received a new package or any emails from this guy (apparently he never attended customer service classes - this becomes more evident as the story continues!).

Okay, so my wife gets the box out of the mail and says, "hey it sounds like something is broken" Sure enough - open the box and it contains the correct hyperwhite 2825's, but the 7506's (not in protective packaging) are busted! I immediately emailed Rich and included a picture. Two days go by - no response. Sent another email asking what his plan was - no response. Three more days go by (gave him a week to see if he sent another package) and I sent another email. That was the 15th. I still have not heard from this chump! No replaced bulbs, no refund - nothing!

Now, some of you may be saying - get over it Mach - it's $30! You're correct - But business is business and customer service is customer service. If this guy's attitude is f$%k em - it's only $30 ($23 for original order, $7 for what i shipped back) and he does that to a couple of people a week, well then he's making $$$ by being an **************************** and by people being passive! Not right, ya know! If he came to me as his physician and I prescribed him the wrong antibiotic and then just blew it off like whatever, at least you got antibiotics, it wouldn't be acceptable!

Whether the struggle is with a dealership over $60k for the car of your dreams or $30 bucks for the bulbs that make the car of your dreams look like it does in your dreams, you should get exactly what you spend your money on!

There are many stores out there that sell bulbs and decals - avoid this one!

If you know this guy, all I can say is that I hope he's a better friend than businessman!
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote