View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #11
Biz-z Z

I recommend you get a 4 wheel alignment immediately, watch your tire wear like a hawk and sing out loud and soon if they seem to wear unusually quickly. Rear tires alone will cost in the neighborhood of $650-700 to replace. From what I understand they are ultra performance tires with soft sticky rubber and typically last 10,000 miles or so with some going further depending on your driving habits.

I drove my Box 3 months last season and 3 weeks this season for a total of 3900 miles. The fronts are like new but the rear tires only have 3/32's left. They seem to be worn pretty evenly and no I don't drive crazy, I drive like an old lady. I hate to admit it but it's been all highway(back and forth to work) and a few weekend tours (with my wife) so no spirited driving. Have kept the air at 32F, 36R religiously and I've been extremely careful to the point of obsession about avoiding potholes, bump, curb etc. It's hard to believe the tires could wear like this. I will be going to the dealership(Boston), Friday to see what they will do. I don't hold out much hope. The dealer has probably heard a hundred stories like mine.

So, an immediate 4 wheel alignment (documented) and continued vigil is what I would recommend. It may save you headaches later. Sheesh! I wish I were this smart last year.