View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 06:01 AM   #14
luci5r

Thanks guys for all your replies.

Today I'll be working on locating that emergency cable release, see if I can find it & grab it. It does appear to be somewhere behind the passenger side wheel well.

I don't have anything that has a cigarette lighter connection so for now that option is out for me. I also haven't been able to get the alarm to go off that everyone keeps talking about turning off, I'm not sure when the alarm is supposed to go off.

I still keep coming back to the charger vs 12volt battery. I understand the Volt & Amperage requirements; but this thing is 1200 Amps / 12 Volts and is designed specifically for jump starts & charging; everything from automobiles, trailers, boats, etc. I can't possibly imagine this charger is lacking something that a 12 volt battery will provide.

@Jager: That is one of many very handy items to have; I myself plan on getting the Stanley 1000 (Similar to what you posted) at some point. But all of these are useful if you have the hood open! I have a battery charger which will easily charge my battery to 100% within 6 hours -- but again -- for either a charger or jump starter to work, you will need the hood open, which is what I'm struggling with. Without the hood open, the jump starter / chargers are pretty much useless.
Just FYI: This one is half the cost and I have personally used it on my Boxster; seems to work flawlessly and is quite acclaimed: Stanley 1000-Amp Peak Jump Starter with Compressor - Walmart.com

@Wallace: The link worked for me as well. It's the product page at Sears.

@thom: Thanks for the picture. That helps! I will be looking into this today.
luci5r is offline   Reply With Quote