View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 02:31 PM   #7
Jamesp
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by luci5r View Post
The charger I'm using has a 3 volt or 12 volt option; I'm using the 12 volt option. I don't have a 12 volt battery but I don't believe the charger would provide less juice then a 12v battery on the 12v option.

I don't have the plug that can plug in to the cigarette lighter, and in all of this, no alarm went off, so I'm not sure about the alarm you're speaking of.

I'd still like to explore the emergency cable option but can't seem to find any specific directions on it.
You're not just worried about 12 volts, you need amperage as well. The question is how many amps the charger delivers. Chargers typically deliver a very small fraction of the amperage a battery can deliver unless the chargers are made for starting the car. If your charger has a high amperage setting try that. Other than that, you might consider getting a set of jumper cables and a second car to use the fuse box trick, be sure to use correct polarity and also be sure not to short the cables. Your battery does not seem to be taking a charge, so it may be of no value in getting trunk to pop.

Unless it has been moved, the emergency cable is dressed between the right headlight and the trunk wall. That's behind the right front tire, and I believe under the inner fender well. I moved mine when I had the front bumper off to clean the radiators, but the hood has to be open to do that. Best of luck.