View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #265
seningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Here is some video from last weekend. This is from Saturday's race - unfortunately my video cam didn't turn on at all on Sunday.

As usual, the start is insane. The BSR group got our own start so it was a pretty even start. I got a decent jump but forgot to downshift into the first corner as the traffic piles up. Then I have no torque on exit, have to downshift, and in doing so, drop back one place.

There was a little bit of controversy after the race when I talked with the driver of the maroon car - he didn't think that it was entirely fair that I caught him after he slowed for the dust cloud. He wasn't mad but he did mention it.

From my point of view, the yellow flag is thrown just as I pass the flagman meaning to drive with caution and no passing. I could see the car that spun off to the left and there was no one else in from me but the maroon car so I maintained my speed through the dust whereas he braked heavily.

I didn't feel badly about it as I didn't literally pass him in the dust cloud; merely caught up to him. It still took me two laps to actually make the pass (including one failed pass attempt), so he had more than enough opportunity to drive away from me if he was indeed faster. And he had multiple laps after I passed him to get it back from me (which he almost did!).

All in all, a very fun race. Enjoy in full screen HD!

Thanks for sharing....

The side by side action at the very end -- was very tense to watch -- I'm sure it was fun as well as a handful.

Mike
seningen is offline   Reply With Quote