View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #264
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Here is some video from last weekend. This is from Saturday's race - unfortunately my video cam didn't turn on at all on Sunday.

As this video shows, sometimes its not all about finishing place; the race itself can be quite rewarding even if you're back in the middle of the pack.

As usual, the start is insane. The BSR group got our own start (only Boxster's, all of the other cars started a half-lap in front of us) so it was pretty even. I got a decent jump but forgot to downshift into the first corner as the traffic piles up. Then I have no torque on corner exit, have to downshift, and in doing so, lose a little momentum and drop back one place.

There was a little bit of controversy after the race when I talked with the driver of the maroon car - he didn't think that it was entirely fair that I caught him after he slowed for the dust cloud. He wasn't mad but he did mention it.

From my point of view, the yellow flag is thrown just as I pass the flagman meaning to drive with caution and no passing. I could see the car that spun off to the left and there was no one else in from me but the maroon car so I maintained my speed through the dust whereas he braked heavily.

I didn't feel badly about it as I didn't literally pass him in the dust cloud; merely caught up to him. It still took me two laps to actually make the pass (including one failed pass attempt), so he had more than enough opportunity to drive away from me if he was indeed faster. And he had multiple laps after I passed him to get it back from me (which he almost did!).

All in all, a very fun race. Enjoy in full screen HD!

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 02-16-2015 at 10:03 AM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote