View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 08:35 AM   #412
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Extra Hard Coating Update:

The 3 WDs I've sent to the hardernizer (the new name we gave him!) last weekend have been coated successfully this last Thursday. It takes 72hrs for curing which mean he will only be able to pack those and send back my way this Sunday. I should receive them this Tuesday or Wed latest. Something like that....

Spoke to him yesterday, he told me that they look and are as hard as my bathroom mirror... whatever that means. Can't wait to have them back and throw some 'dusty' microfiber cloths at them. This same company does the Maserati's cluster gauge faces coating so if its good for Maserati, it should be good for the SkyBreaker
Quick follow-up

SUCCESS! Received the 3 samples from the 'hardernizer' last Thursday morning and they are simply awesome. The stuff works.... hard and it does the job! No matter what you throw at it, the WD remains crystal clear No more silly polishing required. Also cleaned one with acetone and it didn't craze at all. Normally it take about 1 min and you see the PMMA fogging (acetone is harsh). This stuff is working to perfection.

$15 per coating/WD is the latest quote I received. Not the cheapest but there you go... it works and that's all what matters.

Feeling like a complete idiot lol I should have never assumed that everybody was a professional acrylic polisher - and should have look at this option before releasing the kit. My mistake. Good news is everyone who got the first gen will received a replacement WD window free of charge shortly (product recall lol)

I will be sending a whole lot of WD this coming weekend for hard coating and hoping to have them back before the end of this month. Unfortunately, Chinese New year is kicking in a week from now and that slows things down at the supplier's end. We'll get it done no worries.

I am happy to say with confidence that the SkyBreaker is now a high quality item! I'm tapping myself on the shoulder as I type this lol

ps. was told by the supplier that the coating on our SkyBreaker is the same as the coating used by pretty much all automakers (the chemical is made by Mitsubishi, there some trade secret for you). Used for automotive headlight lenses and other clear composites with irregular surfaces (gauges, face plates, tail lights, indicators, WD, etc).

Learning everyday!

Last edited by Nine8Six; 02-13-2015 at 08:37 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote