View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 03:50 PM   #2
jacabean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
I got the axle nuts off easy enough, took the caliper, parking break pads off and the secondary cat by-pass pipes today. I tapped the axle nut with a large hammer and it just slid back a short distance...I can move it with my hand now. I removed the hex bolts holding the inner CV joint (they were tough and looked to have some sort of threadlocking compound on them) and the axle fell free from the transmission. I cannot see how there is enough room to get it out, I can not see where you can get enough space to shift it around with the inner free to get this thing out ??

If you have done this please help.

A few notes, my CV boots look to be held in place with giant zip ties ??? is this normal ?

all my Parking brake adjusters look like new, no rust or corrosion anywhere....my cfar must have been someone's garage queen....and for that I am not complaining.

THanks, I am sure more questions to come.

Dwight
it is a bit a of dance with the axles but there is enough room in there to remove them. blue thread locker on bolts for sure . it is also a good time to service the axles as well.
jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote