View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 06:01 PM   #15
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellr8 View Post
I'm glad this topic came up. I just sold a 2003 that still had its factory top with a rear speaker shelf from an 00-02. When opening the top, the boot cover would not completely lay flat with the top's motor. Had to hand press it down the last 1/4" or so. I thought this was because the top just hadn't been folded much lately. This is the first I've seen suggesting that the shelf may be getting in the way.

I'll check to see if I have an 03-04 shelf around here and measure the height. Be back in touch in the next couple of days.
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I have an 04 top and frame on my 2000 Boxster with the original MY 2000 rear storage unit. I've been fiddling with the adjustments since I put the top on and I have never totally eliminated the gap you describe. Maybe I need to find an 03/04 storage unit if that is what is causing the problem.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote