View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 02:02 AM   #14
eacallo986

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy24689 View Post
I have a 2001 Boxster S.

(1) I recently replaced the radio with a Pioneer single-din deck and it works, and sounds, great. I noticed that after the deck replacement, the horn would beep each time I locked the doors. Should I be concerned about this?

Three weeks later. . . .

(2) My ignition no longer "clicks" when I remove the key after driving the vehicle. Previously, I would hear a "click" shortly after removing the key. I am concerned that this is evidence of a faulty ignition switch. I garaged the vehicle, opened the front-trunk, and put a trickle charger on the battery to ensure future use. Do you think I have a faulty ignition switch?

Thanks everyone for your advice.
I believe that the horn going off after locking the car is a warning indicating something is not closed or left open or on. I too have just installed a Pioneer single din that works perfectly as well and also noticed that the horn would beep when locking the car with the remote. Prior to this, I had and still do have a problem with my horn not working properly. Started out as an intermittent problem, working only when the ignition key was in the off position, and now it doesn't work at all. Thanks to this forum, the problem with my horn points to a bad ignition switch which at some point I will attempt to replace in hopes that it will fix the horn problem. Having the horn beep isn't so bad when locking the door and something I can live with. Not having a working horn is a real problem and hope that replacing the ignition switch is going to fix it.

Last edited by eacallo986; 02-08-2015 at 02:05 AM. Reason: remove a word
eacallo986 is offline   Reply With Quote