View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 01:05 AM   #11
pjv

Garage
Thanks everyone for the sympathy. It's only 48 hours since it happened, and so far have not heard anything further about the other driver, or the status of my car. Things could have been worse, as I was already into the right turn when he hit me and he sent me into oncoming traffic. I remember seeing a pair of head lights a few metres in front of me and planted the foot and just got through before he might have hit me. Thankfully my car still had power! I was shaking for about an hour!

Thstone, I did note that both doors opened and closed normally afterwards, and the top looks OK. The engine/transmission is almost on the ground, so there has been damage under there, and the left side wheel is a couple of inches forward and against the inner fender liner.

Timco, since I'm a city boy, I don't have the Dundee knife but I do have the Samurai sword that the old man brought back from WW2 in the Pacific. Would that do??

And JonD, I am in Bayside. It happened in Jasper Road Bentleigh, about 3 km from home.

Of course I am still seriously p*ssed off about this. I tend to keep cars for a long time, and was growing very fond of this one - a very tidy, low km, accident-free car until Monday!
pjv is offline   Reply With Quote