View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 08:28 AM   #1
austinkthompson

Unhappy My Boxster wont do anything at all!

Hey everybody! So my 1999 Boxster did something weird a while ago. I had parked it at the store and when I came back, it wouldn't do anything. When I put the key in, my electronics will turn on, but when I try to start the engine. Nothing. It wont crank or click or do anything. I tried it a few times and it still wouldn't do anything.

So I gave up and went to the Chik-Fil-A across the street to de-stress. Came back about 30 minutes later, gave it a try, started right up with no problem. I took it to my coworker, a car guy/aircraft mechanic and his ODB computer wasn't picking up any codes. So we never found out what caused it to do that.

Well, I drove it to work and now it's doing the same thing. Except that instead of only 30 minutes, it's been an entire day and it still wont start up.

We put a battery charger on it for 2 hours this morning. We disconnected it and my car started up fine, ran a bit odd during warm up but it usually does that when it's cold and it hasn't been turned on in a while. We turned the car back off. Wen't to give it another go, same thing. Wont crank or do anything again. We're still not getting any error codes and all of my sensors are reading fine.

Apart from a dead battery we have no idea what could be causing it. But would a dead battery work intermittently like this? Shouldn't it just stop working all together?