View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #38
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaBoxster View Post
I got lucky... I bought a 99 base that has pretty much no options except the litronics. I didn't realize how much they were used until after we bought the car.
I wish I had been so lucky. The first owner of my car splurged on items like silver gauge faces, center wheel caps with painted crests and an alumna-look shift knob and brake handle. Factory litronics with the dynamic leveling system would have been much more functional and probably would have cost less than the shiny bits.

I guess all's well that ends well. I now have the shiny bits and the litronics. Although I don't have the factory leveling system which would be nice.

I'm thinking about adding the dynamic leveling system. This guy on Renntech
Litronic retrofit question - 996 Series (Carrera, Carrera 4, Carrera 4S, Targa) - RennTech.org Forums
claims to have done it, but he is a little short on the details. (I need detailed step-by-step instructions for my projects.)

However, other contributors seem skeptical of his achievement.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote