View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 06:40 AM   #8
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralegen
My airbag light just came on, but it was due to messing with the airbag in the door. I was trying to gain access for the window regulator replacement, and I disconnected the wire. I'm certain I plugged it back in correctly, but that when the light started to come on. I'm not done with the regulator replacement, but when I finish up, I'll check it again.

Randell, my problem is more than likely different from yours;however, does anyone know if I will need a PST to turn off the light now? By messing with the wires, does it somehow warn the computer that it was tampered with, and the light will stay on until checked by a tech with a PST? Please help.
Hi,

It can be dangerous to do any work involving electrical components without first disconnecting the battery. This is especially true for the AirBags as the system can deploy for up to a couple minutes after the battery is disconnected, and there are "Pyrotechnic" Charges in the Seatbelt Retractors from '01 onwards which can also go off. Not necessarily dangerous so much as very $$$ to correct afterward.

If you had disconnected the battery 1st, you'd not get the Airbag light. Too late for you I know, but edifying for others.

If you disconnect the battery now, you'll most likely cancel the warning light. It's worth the try anyway before spending $$ to have the PST2 do it for you. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote