View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 12:37 AM   #29
gonzojive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzojive View Post
Progress report
- Another idea is to move the IMS up by sticking a pole into the hollow shaft and lifting up the pole. I've heard it's not to difficult to maneuver the IMS around like this. At present my LN engineering bearing is installed, including the center stud, making it impossible to fit a pole inside. I don't want to mess up the bearing by knocking out the support stud. Bad idea to knock the stud back into the IMS shaft and later reattach it to an already installed bearing? Other ideas of prying the IMS up?
Thinking more about it, it's probably not a great idea to pry the intermediate shaft up like that if it can be avoided. I don't want to damage the race that holds it in place on the other side.

Thinking even more about it, from the photo from flaps10, it seems like there should be enough clearance for the set screw to fit beneath the chain (looks to be 6mm or more - I can't tell for sure). The screw might be running up against the lip of that recess. I'll try to vacuum up even more oil to see if I can make the floor visible.

There are also holes in the sprocket big enough to fit the screw through.

And really, how about a hole in the case? Expand the bottom left IMS flange bolt to be M8 or M10 instead of M6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzojive View Post
Thanks to all.
Many clever ideas. Thanks again. Will surely get to try many of them in days, weeks, months ahead.
gonzojive is offline   Reply With Quote