View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
EPIQTodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by astorey
Hi all,

I just picked up my new 06 987 (midnight blue/grey/grey)and am loving it beyond description! I realize that I will need to do more than just drive it, though, and am wondering what first steps should be for cleaning.

I will be applying Raggtopp to the top.

I have read all the forums (awesome info!) but am unclear on what to do for new car fresh paint.

I have always used Zymol and have been satisfied with results, but I gather from the forums that Klasse or Zaino products may be superior.

Do I need to use a sealant before a cleaner wax such as Zymol?

Should I give up on Zymol and go with something better?

thanks!

1st, chill out. Porsche paint is of the highest quality, so any wax (use what you like!) will be fantastic. No need for sealant, but if you want to use one, knock yourself out.

I DO recommend using Rejex on the wheels, as it makes them incredibly slick, therefore reducing brake dust and making cleaning of them easier. Have to do Rejex when the wheel is really clean, so new is a good time to start. Many use Rejex as a wax on the car because it lasts so long.

I didn't worry about Raggtop either, but that's mostly because my top is down, all the time...except at the track or when it is raining.

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote