Thread: Cayman S
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 07:34 AM   #5
mach schnell

i question how well sales are doing, actually. my good friend is slowly and methodically working towards the purchase of a Cayman S (he's the guy who has to test drive the car about a zillion times to make up his mind). At any rate, he (and I) have been following the inventory at a variety of southern California dealers over the last 8 or so weeks and clearly, the same vehicles are being seen. In fact, we've actually found that if a Cayman no longer appears in the inventory at one retailer, it sometimes shows up in the inventory at another dealer. The interesting thing is that even with these cars collecting dust on soCal lots, the dealerships (from my friend's experience) are not budging much when it comes to making a deal. The other interesting thing is that I haven't really seen that many Cayman's on the road. Now, somewhere in the midwest you might think, oh it's a new model, etc etc etc. Well, this is southern California, every other car here is either MB, Lexus, Audi BMW or Porsche (oh yeah, of course, and the modified 87 honda accord!) - so, it stands out in my opinion.

However, if I were actually driving a Cayman, I'd probably think differently - ya know how when you buy a car and all of sudden it seems like 9 of every 10 cars you pass is identical to yours?!
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote